Shipito can only ship out wood with DHL?

Techniques, Instruction, Live Sound, Recording Equipment, GTG's etc...
grooveinsyd

Shipito can only ship out wood with DHL?

Post by grooveinsyd » 19 Jul 2018, 12:02

Anyone used shipito since 2017? Their online customer service told me they used to never ship out wood in 2017?
Now can only ship any wooden product with DHL which is stupidly expensive.

https://www.shipito.com/en/help/tutoria ... ited-items

"Any product made of wood, including: Guitars, Picture Frames, Figurine Bases, Furniture - You must specify the type of wood and ship via DHL"
Sandberg VM Nighthawk; Stingray HH SLO; Dingwall ABZ;
Squier PJ w/Dimarzios & Flats; Fender Am STD JAZZ; G&L USA L2K

narcdor

Re: Shipito can only ship out wood with DHL?

Post by narcdor » 19 Jul 2018, 16:28

I haven’t run into this including a month ago. I have specified a bass guitar and could choose all the different options.
Strings: Fender, Framus, Warwick, Custom
Knobs: Mesa, MarkBass, Fender
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar, too many to list

grooveinsyd

Post by grooveinsyd » 19 Jul 2018, 17:47

narcdor wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 16:28
I haven’t run into this including a month ago. I have specified a bass guitar and could choose all the different options.
Yep, I still can see and choose all the shipping options like fedex or shipito with auspost and customer service told me I have to specify the type of wood, but when I choose the cheapest option, my mail out got cancelled the next day.

"MAILOUT CANCELLED
This notification is to inform you that your mailout for package(s) A has been cancelled by our admin for the following reason:
Wooden Bass Guitar We are not able to ship any wood or wooden items to Australia due to import regulations. All wooden items have additional documentation requirements and such items are subject to quarantine upon entry into Australia. Not only does the quarantine process delay shipments, substantial fees would be charged to Shipito for any shipment going through the quarantine and inspection process. Your mailout request has been cancelled. "

What the heck! What changed?

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 19 Jul 2018, 18:43

No idea, I chose aus post shipito preferred. The recipient is charged anyway for quarantine and customs so huh? I’m confused.
Strings: Fender, Framus, Warwick, Custom
Knobs: Mesa, MarkBass, Fender
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar, too many to list

grooveinsyd

Post by grooveinsyd » 19 Jul 2018, 21:18

narcdor wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 18:43
No idea, I chose aus post shipito preferred. The recipient is charged anyway for quarantine and customs so huh? I’m confused.
Yep, that's exactly what Australian customs good at. :shrug:

Nigel

Post by Nigel » 25 Jul 2018, 08:38

Yeah I had this problem a month or so ago. I sent my pickup cover (wood) to the states for a custom pickup to be fitted into it and they posted it back to my shipito address. It got held up there. When i talked to them, they said Aust Post at our end would return anything with wood in it. They recommended I use DHL and instead of stating "wood" I call it the particular species. So I called it spalt maple pickup cover and paid the extra $ and it got to me. Frustrating and more expensive but it go the job done.
Mailloux Custom "Lucky 13", Kala U-Bass, EA Doubler, Barefaced Midget 112, Mojo-Sonic 1x10.
Arrived... Grove 51 P5.
Look what I made...26 scale 5 string http://ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12037

grooveinsyd

Post by grooveinsyd » 26 Jul 2018, 21:27

Nigel wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 08:38
Yeah I had this problem a month or so ago. I sent my pickup cover (wood) to the states for a custom pickup to be fitted into it and they posted it back to my shipito address. It got held up there. When i talked to them, they said Aust Post at our end would return anything with wood in it. They recommended I use DHL and instead of stating "wood" I call it the particular species. So I called it spalt maple pickup cover and paid the extra $ and it got to me. Frustrating and more expensive but it go the job done.
Exactly, DHL is ONLY option to guitars, don't know why shipito is doing this. maybe a really bad track record about sending wooden product?
But other reshipping service are all fine with it. In the end, I went with myus.com. My bass hasn't arrived yet.
Will update later.