Gave the guys at Church a little something different today!

Techniques, Instruction, Live Sound, Recording Equipment, GTG's etc...
basshack

Re: Gave the guys at Church a little something different today!

Post by basshack » 16 Jul 2018, 13:01

No it's not going to shove the Glock out of it's place in the herd. I'll be moving the AI Flex and the Warwick big rigs on though, but I've been saying that for ages now. It's different from the Glock, being all tube, but also different from the Demeter as well but I haven't got to AB them in any detail yet. On Sunday it seemed like the Demeter was a lot more detailed and not so many overtones but I didn't spend a lot of time swapping between speakers etc.

Couple of things prompted buying it.

1) I had the pleasure of hearing it when Mark owned it and should of have brought it when he sold it a few years back. So when Nick offered it to me to look under the hood, before he was moving it out, it was too good an opportunity. I am still looking at doing the B-15 style 50w tube amps so seeing something similar, in the flesh, was good for my planning.

2) I had trouble watching Ben take the expensive rigs out to pub gigs. On occasion he's been lumbered with being the backline supplier too, so it makes me more nervous when other people are playing through the Glock rig. While not cheap at least I can repair or rebuild this if something goes wrong. The Glock stuff not so easily replaced or repaired.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 16 Jul 2018, 13:40

basshack wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 13:01
Couple of things prompted buying it.

1) I had the pleasure of hearing it when Mark owned it and should of have brought it when he sold it a few years back. So when Nick offered it to me to look under the hood, before he was moving it out, it was too good an opportunity. I am still looking at doing the B-15 style 50w tube amps so seeing something similar, in the flesh, was good for my planning.
" Research"
:neener:
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

basshack

Post by basshack » 16 Jul 2018, 14:21

Yeah no, just like I won’t take the Monique apart. Plenty of wiring diagrams around to do the job but it’s nice to see the wiring looms etc.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>