POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Techniques, Instruction, Live Sound, Recording Equipment, GTG's etc...

What dates are you able to attend a Sydney GTG 2017?

Poll ended at 17 Sep 2017, 17:20

I can attend October 28th only.
2
10%
I can attend November 4th only.
3
15%
Both dates suit me (Oct 28th & Nov 4th).
12
60%
I'm unavailable BOTH dates.
0
No votes
Unsure at this stage.
3
15%
 
Total votes: 20

User avatar
Curto
Posts: 1112
Joined: 20 Apr 2010, 10:16

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by Curto » 07 Oct 2017, 18:24

slowlearner = Pete
drbass = Michael
aphekgreg = Greg
bassline = Owen
bigswifty = Mike (Just briefly, have a gig on the South Coast that night)
RedVee = Geoff
MaxBass = Max
jezzamac = Jerome (evening gig for me too)
Juan Lauda = Tim
Maxgroover = Matt
Curto = Paul
Custom 32

User avatar
cl8n
Posts: 123
Joined: 21 May 2015, 01:12
Location: Sydney

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by cl8n » 08 Oct 2017, 00:38

slowlearner = Pete
drbass = Michael
aphekgreg = Greg
bassline = Owen
bigswifty = Mike (Just briefly, have a gig on the South Coast that night)
RedVee = Geoff
MaxBass = Max
jezzamac = Jerome (evening gig for me too)
Juan Lauda = Tim
Maxgroover = Matt
Curto = Paul
Cl8n = Clayton

I'm going to try do this if I don't go down the coast that weekend (old man's b'day) ... never had the chance to do GTG as yet.
Jazz, T-bird, EB-2, Big Al, Carlo Robelli 8
Warwick LWA1000, Carlsbro, Eden Wt-405, GB Shuttle, Custom 115, GB XB410
Stompable noise makers

User avatar
Aussie Mark
Posts: 15708
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 21:06
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by Aussie Mark » 09 Oct 2017, 10:58

slowlearner = Pete
drbass = Michael
aphekgreg = Greg
bassline = Owen
bigswifty = Mike (Just briefly, have a gig on the South Coast that night)
RedVee = Geoff
MaxBass = Max
jezzamac = Jerome (evening gig for me too)
Juan Lauda = Tim
Maxgroover = Matt
Curto = Paul
Cl8n = Clayton
Aussie Mark = Mark

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 7756
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by veebass » 12 Oct 2017, 18:10

slowlearner = Pete
drbass = Michael
aphekgreg = Greg
bassline = Owen
bigswifty = Mike (Just briefly, have a gig on the South Coast that night)
RedVee = Geoff
MaxBass = Max
jezzamac = Jerome (evening gig for me too)
Juan Lauda = Tim
Maxgroover = Matt
Curto = Paul
Cl8n = Clayton
Aussie Mark = Mark
Veebass = Russell (probably)
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
RickG
Posts: 164
Joined: 07 Mar 2013, 14:13

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by RickG » 17 Oct 2017, 11:50

Hi, where's the location?

User avatar
Aussie Mark
Posts: 15708
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 21:06
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by Aussie Mark » 17 Oct 2017, 12:29

Ropes Crossing Community Hub
54 Pulley Drive, Ropes Crossing 2760.
https://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/Commun ... munity-Hub

https://goo.gl/maps/UY9PExq3ryJ2

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

User avatar
RickG
Posts: 164
Joined: 07 Mar 2013, 14:13

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by RickG » 17 Oct 2017, 20:50

Aussie Mark wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 12:29
Ropes Crossing Community Hub
54 Pulley Drive, Ropes Crossing 2760.
https://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/Commun ... munity-Hub

https://goo.gl/maps/UY9PExq3ryJ2
Great, thanks

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 7977
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by BassLine » 18 Oct 2017, 00:39

Aussie Mark wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 12:29
Ropes Crossing Community Hub
54 Pulley Drive, Ropes Crossing 2760.
https://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/Commun ... munity-Hub

https://goo.gl/maps/UY9PExq3ryJ2
Thanks Mark. I tried looking for the thread/ posts where we already mentioned the location but couldn't find it.

I've added it to Post #1 for everyone else.
Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

User avatar
RedVee
Posts: 986
Joined: 19 Nov 2014, 20:31
Location: Macarthur area, NSW

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by RedVee » 18 Oct 2017, 11:36

so what are people bringing ?
Ibanez AEB10-BK; Feider P Bass; Challenge Bass; T'Bird Goth
Fender Rumble 15; Eminar Amps x2; Elfa 410 cab; Zoom B2.1u & B3

User avatar
drbass
Posts: 2562
Joined: 04 Apr 2013, 05:31
Location: Doreen, Victoria
Contact:

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by drbass » 18 Oct 2017, 12:28

RedVee wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 11:36
so what are people bringing ?
Well, I'll go first since I'm doing the longest trip.

Gear:
Genzler rig (Magellan head, 2 BA12-3 cabs);
my brand-new pedal board (never thought I'd go that way) with a Boss MS-3 and a couple of other things.

Basses:
definitely 4 of my builds:
original Kermit 6 string multi scale;
Kermit Gaia 6 string fretless;
Manta 5 string;
Q 5 string.

Depending on gig bag availability, space in the car and building progress I might also bring:
the original Manta I built for my son (4 string);
Kermit 5 string;
possibly my first commercial build (a Q 4 string but with a (Sandberg-branded) Delano MM pickup);
and a couple of purchased basses:
'90 Warwick Thumb 4 NT;
'92 Sandberg Classic S2 5 NT.

Should be fun. If you want to get an idea what those builds look like have a look in the Commercial section.

Just over two weeks to go, getting excited about this road trip.

Regards,
Michael
- Kermit 6 fanned, Kermit Gaia 6 fretless, Kermit Rockmachine 5, Manta 5, ME1/5, Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3
- EBS OctaBass, Boss MS-3, Line6 G50

User avatar
Aussie Mark
Posts: 15708
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 21:06
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by Aussie Mark » 18 Oct 2017, 12:35

drbass wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:28
RedVee wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 11:36
so what are people bringing ?
Well, I'll go first since I'm doing the longest trip.

Gear:
Genzler rig (Magellan head, 2 BA12-3 cabs);
my brand-new pedal board (never thought I'd go that way) with a Boss MS-3 and a couple of other things.

Basses:
definitely 4 of my builds:
original Kermit 6 string multi scale;
Kermit Gaia 6 string fretless;
Manta 5 string;
Q 5 string.

Depending on gig bag availability, space in the car and building progress I might also bring:
the original Manta I built for my son (4 string);
Kermit 5 string;
possibly my first commercial build (a Q 4 string but with a (Sandberg-branded) Delano MM pickup);
and a couple of purchased basses:
'90 Warwick Thumb 4 NT;
'92 Sandberg Classic S2 5 NT.

Should be fun. If you want to get an idea what those builds look like have a look in the Commercial section.

Just over two weeks to go, getting excited about this road trip.

Regards,
Michael
Just as long as Narcdor's new rig doesn't have to make the ride to Melbourne on the roof racks!

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

User avatar
Aussie Mark
Posts: 15708
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 21:06
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by Aussie Mark » 18 Oct 2017, 12:38

I'll bring the Phil Jones Briefcase combo and a few different basses that haven't been to GTGs previously.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

User avatar
drbass
Posts: 2562
Joined: 04 Apr 2013, 05:31
Location: Doreen, Victoria
Contact:

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by drbass » 18 Oct 2017, 12:57

Aussie Mark wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:35
drbass wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 12:28
RedVee wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 11:36
so what are people bringing ?
Well, I'll go first since I'm doing the longest trip.

Gear:
Genzler rig (Magellan head, 2 BA12-3 cabs);
my brand-new pedal board (never thought I'd go that way) with a Boss MS-3 and a couple of other things.

Basses:
definitely 4 of my builds:
original Kermit 6 string multi scale;
Kermit Gaia 6 string fretless;
Manta 5 string;
Q 5 string.

Depending on gig bag availability, space in the car and building progress I might also bring:
the original Manta I built for my son (4 string);
Kermit 5 string;
possibly my first commercial build (a Q 4 string but with a (Sandberg-branded) Delano MM pickup);
and a couple of purchased basses:
'90 Warwick Thumb 4 NT;
'92 Sandberg Classic S2 5 NT.

Should be fun. If you want to get an idea what those builds look like have a look in the Commercial section.

Just over two weeks to go, getting excited about this road trip.

Regards,
Michael
Just as long as Narcdor's new rig doesn't have to make the ride to Melbourne on the roof racks!
Nick "warned" me about this - it'll be fine (there's always the passenger seat).

One thing I forgot reading Mark's email: Phil Jones BigHead so bring your headphones/earbuds if you want to try it.

Regards,
Michael
- Kermit 6 fanned, Kermit Gaia 6 fretless, Kermit Rockmachine 5, Manta 5, ME1/5, Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3
- EBS OctaBass, Boss MS-3, Line6 G50

User avatar
jamiesdad
Posts: 3886
Joined: 11 Jan 2009, 14:24
Location: Sydney's Leafy North Shore

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by jamiesdad » 20 Oct 2017, 16:49

I'm now a definitely maybe for this. Will bring Tokai P with an Aphek pickup and Fender P5. Gk mb500, Schroder 18l and my board. (Barbershop, oc2, chorus, Mxr m80).

If anyone has a flyrig or one of the trace Elliot transit B would be interested to here one.
Tokai / Fender / Ibanez / Fairfield / Cave / MXR / Boss / GK / Schroeder

Forum mod

User avatar
aphekgreg
Posts: 2160
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 16:10
Location: Narara Central Coast
Contact:

Re: POLL Winner - Sydney GTG Sat 4th Nov 2017.

Post by aphekgreg » 20 Oct 2017, 18:26

jamiesdad wrote:
20 Oct 2017, 16:49
I'm now a definitely maybe for this. Will bring Tokai P with an Aphek pickup and Fender P5. Gk mb500, Schroder 18l and my board. (Barbershop, oc2, chorus, Mxr m80).

If anyone has a flyrig or one of the trace Elliot transit B would be interested to here one.
I'm planning to bring my Flyrig.
Greg

Ibanez Musician, MusicMan, Dingwall Z3, Rickenbacker, MIJ Fender Precision & Jazz, Warmoth/Musikraft P/J-bass, Danelectro Longhorn.
Traynor YBA300, MarkBass, GK1001RB2, Berg AE212, Hartke 4.5, '64 Fender Bassman
http://www.aphekstudio.com.au

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: skullsplitter and 5 guests