Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Techniques, Instruction, Live Sound, Recording Equipment, GTG's etc...
User avatar
aphekgreg
Posts: 2305
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 16:10
Location: Narara Central Coast
Contact:

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by aphekgreg » 31 Dec 2017, 11:32

deeevo wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 09:54
Be aware of a cheap StingRay for sale on Gumtree. It's clearly a fake, really cheap but advertised as Made in USA. Serial no#: E22554. The actual bass this serial number belongs to is a 5er. There are also 2 others that I've found with the same serial number on Ernie Ball website that are fakes.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/the-roc ... 1170144820

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ball- ... e-743.html

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ball- ... e-849.html

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ball- ... ght=E22554
SA location. I wonder if it's the same guy who keeps listing that fake Jazz? This is another Chinese counterfeit. Can't believe they're even doing fake serial number now.

The body shape on this is very strange.
Greg

Ibanez Musician, MusicMan, Dingwall Z3, Rickenbacker, MIJ Fender Precision & Jazz, Warmoth/Musikraft P/J-bass, Danelectro Longhorn.
Traynor YBA300, MarkBass, GK1001RB2, Berg AE212, Hartke 4.5, '64 Fender Bassman
http://www.aphekstudio.com.au

deeevo
Posts: 521
Joined: 01 Jun 2015, 13:22
Location: Maryborough Qld

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by deeevo » 31 Dec 2017, 11:44

NSW I believe, somewhere in the Wagga vicinity.
Fender American Elite Jazz, Sadowsky MV4, Stingray 4H, Fender Jazz, Bergantino Bamp, Fender Bassman 500 (x2), Aguilar Tone Hammer DI, Baer ML112 cabs x4.

User avatar
petersemple
Posts: 990
Joined: 15 Oct 2012, 08:51

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by petersemple » 31 Dec 2017, 11:50

aphekgreg wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 11:32

The body shape on this is very strange.
When I saw the first photo of the body I assumed that it was just taken at a skewed angle, leading to a slightly odd look. All the photos show the same odd shape though, so now I think it was faked by somebody working from a photo taken at an angle :-)
Basses: Wasburn Status 4, Fretless 4 made from parts, Fretted through neck 5 made by me
Amp: Eminar bass 400 into home made cab with JBL 15"

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 8221
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by BassLine » 31 Dec 2017, 12:36

petersemple wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 11:50
aphekgreg wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 11:32

The body shape on this is very strange.
When I saw the first photo of the body I assumed that it was just taken at a skewed angle, leading to a slightly odd look. All the photos show the same odd shape though, so now I think it was faked by somebody working from a photo taken at an angle :-)
I guess you could officially call them Mutant basses. :ninja:
Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

User avatar
aphekgreg
Posts: 2305
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 16:10
Location: Narara Central Coast
Contact:

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by aphekgreg » 31 Dec 2017, 14:12

BassLine wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 12:36
petersemple wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 11:50
aphekgreg wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 11:32

The body shape on this is very strange.
When I saw the first photo of the body I assumed that it was just taken at a skewed angle, leading to a slightly odd look. All the photos show the same odd shape though, so now I think it was faked by somebody working from a photo taken at an angle :-)
I guess you could officially call them Mutant basses. :ninja:
Or MutantMan.
Greg

Ibanez Musician, MusicMan, Dingwall Z3, Rickenbacker, MIJ Fender Precision & Jazz, Warmoth/Musikraft P/J-bass, Danelectro Longhorn.
Traynor YBA300, MarkBass, GK1001RB2, Berg AE212, Hartke 4.5, '64 Fender Bassman
http://www.aphekstudio.com.au

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 8153
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by veebass » 03 Jan 2018, 13:36

Apparently at present there is a 10% discount on eBay for eligible purchasers (until 5/1/18).
A couple of people I know let me know about it because it came up on their eBay and because they knew I have my eye on something on eBay. The 10% discount isn't showing up on my eBay. I rang eBay to ask why. They told me I mustn't be eligible. I asked why. They couldn't tell me or the criteria for eligibility. They gave me a one time $50 voucher to be nice (considerably less than 10% of the item I am looking at).

Anyone have any idea how this all works?
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
NotTheFish
Posts: 2568
Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 18:49
Location: Bathurst

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by NotTheFish » 03 Jan 2018, 14:54

The code seems to be "NEW10" Here are some details: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/353162

packrat
Posts: 318
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 02:17
Location: Sydney

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by packrat » 03 Jan 2018, 15:00

I saw it on my ebay frontpage. Maybe it's only for a particular area/city/state or perhaps for people who have purchased things on ebay recently. I've spend a couple of dozen dollars on small cable things in the last months so that doesn't seem like much of a qualification.

B>

User avatar
Aussie Mark
Posts: 15935
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 21:06
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by Aussie Mark » 03 Jan 2018, 16:29

I can see it on MyEbay page ....

"10% off your purchase of AU $75.00 or more, up to AU $300.00 off.See conditions
Redemption code: NEW10 Expires 05/01/18"

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 8153
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by veebass » 03 Jan 2018, 16:32

packrat wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 15:00
I saw it on my ebay frontpage. Maybe it's only for a particular area/city/state or perhaps for people who have purchased things on ebay recently. I've spend a couple of dozen dollars on small cable things in the last months so that doesn't seem like much of a qualification.

B>
I have bought a few things to but it's not on my front page. Who knows how it works, as I said eBay staff couldn't explain it to me.
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
NotTheFish
Posts: 2568
Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 18:49
Location: Bathurst

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by NotTheFish » 03 Jan 2018, 16:48

It isn't on my page either Russell. I just online chatted with someone from Ebay who said I was not one of the chosen few either. They couldn't say what the selection criteria was though.

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 8153
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by veebass » 03 Jan 2018, 17:34

NotTheFish wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 16:48
It isn't on my page either Russell. I just online chatted with someone from Ebay who said I was not one of the chosen few either. They couldn't say what the selection criteria was though.
Hmm.... I wonder if I use the code whether it will work?
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
NotTheFish
Posts: 2568
Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 18:49
Location: Bathurst

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by NotTheFish » 03 Jan 2018, 18:34

veebass wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 17:34
NotTheFish wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 16:48
It isn't on my page either Russell. I just online chatted with someone from Ebay who said I was not one of the chosen few either. They couldn't say what the selection criteria was though.
Hmm.... I wonder if I use the code whether it will work?
Yes, I wonder too.. Let us know if you decide to give it a go..

User avatar
Aussie Mark
Posts: 15935
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 21:06
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by Aussie Mark » 03 Jan 2018, 19:00

On my page it is just above my watched list

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

User avatar
NotTheFish
Posts: 2568
Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 18:49
Location: Bathurst

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by NotTheFish » 03 Jan 2018, 21:52

I now have the P5OZZIE code offered to me. 5% off with Aussie Sellers.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests