Android software for sheet music, lyrics, etc.

Techniques, Instruction, Live Sound, Recording Equipment, GTG's etc...
Phatbass

Android software for sheet music, lyrics, etc.

Post by Phatbass » 12 Oct 2017, 20:14

I've been using Onsong on my iPad for my lyrics, but just got a Samsung tablet and I wonder what software you guys use for your music.

Ideally it would handle lyrics and sheet music, with the ability to import Word .doc, ,jpeg, PDF, as well as create and charts easily. Doesn't need to handle notation as I'd just scan and import as a .jpeg.

Would be REALLY nice to be able to take a Bluetooth page turner. I guess I'm basically looking for an Android version of Onsong, which they've been promising for years now.
Phatbass

"Better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Phatbass

Re: Android software for sheet music, lyrics, etc.

Post by Phatbass » 12 Oct 2017, 20:31

My eventual plan is to see which one works best/simplest for my needs and use that one exclusively for gigs and strip all the other software off.
Phatbass

"Better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 12 Oct 2017, 20:57

I use MobileSheets. It's excellent!
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

Phatbass

Post by Phatbass » 12 Oct 2017, 21:17

MobileSheets looks like definite contender. I've downloaded the free version and had a bit of a play. I'll give it a bit more of a look later tonight.
Phatbass

balzac

Post by balzac » 14 Oct 2017, 09:55

I've been using Setlist Helper ... it's free, and bluetooth compatible. Pretty sure it can do all the stuff you listed ... Worth checking out anyway.

FahnCahn

Post by FahnCahn » 15 Oct 2017, 14:30

+1 ^^^
Yamaha BB | US Jazz
DB751 | Fender Neo | Tecamp | Genz Benz

rev matt

Post by rev matt » 18 Oct 2017, 07:21

I'm using Setlist Helper too. handy app, I used the free version for quite a while and recently paid for the full version.
Since I like to have a cheatsheet handy at rehearsals and just in case, at gigs, I have found it very good.
I am usually the one who ends up doing the set lists, this lets me easily create and alter them, then email the list to my band-mates.
Having fun is half the fun- Warwick Corvette $$ 4- Cort acoustic 4 - no name ebay special 5 (now fretless), Kala spruce fretless Ubass, Washburn M-3SWS mandolin , Ashbory and a 2001 LTD edition Warwick Thumb Fretless 4.

cleary

Post by cleary » 18 Oct 2017, 07:40

Do any of these do cloud storage at all? Ideally I like the idea of being able to easily backup my tablet with my phone without any extra work (I know it's easy to email stuff etc, but then you have to manage versions across devices etc). I'd like to be able to just have it happen automatically
GRay Bass Tuition :: Griffith NSW

rev matt

Post by rev matt » 18 Oct 2017, 08:33

setlist helper integrates with drop box. you can set it up to source local or cloud storage, you can also search the web for lyrics/chords and save them directly into the directory.
You can load a scanned copy of your crappy hand-scrawled song sheets if you want as it will read a pdf. A lot of mine are like this, moved from folder to scanner to tablet and phone.
Having fun is half the fun- Warwick Corvette $$ 4- Cort acoustic 4 - no name ebay special 5 (now fretless), Kala spruce fretless Ubass, Washburn M-3SWS mandolin , Ashbory and a 2001 LTD edition Warwick Thumb Fretless 4.

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 18 Oct 2017, 11:02

Ditto to Dropbox integration on MobileSheets. Although I only ever used it on one device myself.
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

cleary

Post by cleary » 18 Oct 2017, 12:59

Thanks fellas - will look into them :)
GRay Bass Tuition :: Griffith NSW

Phatbass

Post by Phatbass » 24 Nov 2017, 16:48

Ended up getting Mobile sheets. Great to be able to display two pages side by side.
Phatbass