Help!! Nordy Bass and 3B Pre Amp

Announcements, Introductions, Forum Support and Questions
Snoopygore71

Help!! Nordy Bass and 3B Pre Amp

Post by Snoopygore71 » 24 Feb 2017, 11:42

Hi all,

I need advice as to how to handle the 3 band I want to put into my Nordy to replace the Sadowsky pre in it.

I'm at a bit of a loss I must admit. I would like the first know to be vol/blend. and then the others the 3 band.

Who can do this for me as well in Melbourne? 8/

Nordstrand, Sadowsky, Musicman, Ibanez, Aguilar, Bergantino, Mono, Source Audio and various and sundry. And all the stuff I sold I miss - Dingwall, Fender, R Bass, Bossa, SWR, Lecompte, LEJ, TecAmp

slashin_velvet

Re: Help!! Nordy Bass and 3B Pre Amp

Post by slashin_velvet » 24 Feb 2017, 15:36

I can probably give you a hand in describing what to do, but I wouldn't want to do it for you because soldering ain't my strong suit.

Do you have more specific questions? Or are you starting from zero knowledge base and want a full run down?

Snoopygore71

Post by Snoopygore71 » 24 Feb 2017, 16:28

Zero knowledge base
Nordstrand, Sadowsky, Musicman, Ibanez, Aguilar, Bergantino, Mono, Source Audio and various and sundry. And all the stuff I sold I miss - Dingwall, Fender, R Bass, Bossa, SWR, Lecompte, LEJ, TecAmp

cleary

Post by cleary » 24 Feb 2017, 17:01

Seymour Duncan actually have a really great series of blog posts starting from ground zero for pickup wiring:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/the-t ... wiring-101
I think it goes up to 104

If you've got time and patience, it's what got me started, and I've wired all sorts of interesting guitar and bass configs (active and passive) in the last couple of years
GRay Bass Tuition :: Griffith NSW

basshack

Post by basshack » 24 Feb 2017, 21:24

Hi Steve,

I can help with the soldering side of things and probably finding a wiring diagram or at a pinch work one out.

If I can be of assistance you know how to find me.

Cheers
Blaine
... dial in some "J" to angry it up!

Got gear but little talent!

Snoopygore71

Post by Snoopygore71 » 24 Feb 2017, 21:39

Thanks Blaine!!

Rubes

Post by Rubes » 25 Feb 2017, 14:31

Hi,
I had Jerome Clingan at Clingan Guitars in Collingwood install a preamp for my recently.
It was a pretty involved job installing a 4 band Mike Pope pre into an originally passive Roscoe Beck and needed some routing. Jerome did a great job, was reasonably priced and I highly recommend him. Tell him Ruben recommended him to you. I think it's worth paying $100 - $200 just to have the piece of mind knowing that it's done properly. No cracked soldering or buzzing earth issues. Just pay for it once and have it done properly I reckon.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk