Forum Issues, Server Upgrade

Announcements, Introductions, Forum Support and Questions
rudager

Re: Forum Issues, Server Upgrade

Post by rudager » 01 Nov 2015, 13:21

Happily browsing a way on the forum on my Android phone, and random, unexitable redirects and pop up tabs appear saying 'Your Android is out of date! Tap here to fix!' or some crud. The only way to exit from it is to kill the internet browser. I had trouble with this with Gumtree once too, they seem to have it fixed.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » 01 Nov 2015, 13:28

You think this is caused by the forum and not whatever other bits of software that might be installed on the android browser? This only happens when you're on the forum?

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » 01 Nov 2015, 13:34

Can anyone else on Android let me know if this is a common occurrence? Does this happen to everyone on Android?

rudager

Post by rudager » 01 Nov 2015, 16:06

I use my Android for browsing the internet a fair bit, and it's only ever been two sites which cause the random redirects - this one and Gumtree, and it doesn't seem to happen on Gumtree anymore. That's not to say that it's not my device's problem, so I'm keen to see if it happens to anyone else too.

Macbass

Post by Macbass » 01 Nov 2015, 19:49

Using Chrome browser on android phone....Every so often when going to a new topic/forum post there'll be a pop up saying something like "Update your phone!!!!!" etc and underneath it will be a page advertising such like. It's impossible to go 'back' to ozbass and I have to quit, erase that page and start again. Bit annoying but hasn't happened today at least...
1982 Moonstone Eclipse,
Tecamp 800
Bergantino 112
Various pedals...

rudager

Post by rudager » 01 Nov 2015, 20:50

So it's not just me then! I got one while trying to get back to this sub forum. A quick Google search reveals that it's been affecting forums since 2013 and the only way to stop it is to turn Javascript off. Bugger.